Thursday, January 24, 2008

It's been five days...

I can still remember removing my mask and placing it gently in the box. I can still remember looking at the mask lying there with all the others and thinking, "It's over." And then I remember ruffling my hair and shuffling off. I remember it all like it was just yestarday. Well it kind of was but I still can't believe my Rogues experience is all over. This two-week class on puppetry, masking, understanding body language, and of course absolute fun allowed me to dive into places I've never been before. This experience allowed me to expand on my imagination and fully use it to make art. What is art you ask? Rogues helped me understand that art is anything to do with life mixed with expression and you add a little spectacle on the side and you've got art! I'm only 19 years old so I've yet to get my feet wet with everything this industry, my life, and of course life in general has to offer, but being a true Rogue helped me look outside the box at least for two weeks. I thank them from the bottom of my heart for a very valuable lesson learned and I can't wait to do something like this again!

"I love all of you guys very much"

- UCI workshop participant Christian Taboada

No comments: