Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Feeling Punch-y

Dear Lord, why am I involved with this company!? What ever possessed me to audition in the first place!?

Since I have been involved with this show (after seeing the first incarnation last year) I have been forced to: play with inanimate objects and bring them to life; wander around in weird-looking masks, forced to "interact" with "people" (ew!); freely and openly discuss story concept and ideas; play a hunchback, a talking larger-than-life badger and a falsetto-voiced cockney puppet; hit on a mermaid (metaphorically and literally); discuss literary characters and authors; explore the human psyche and memory; learn outlandish and multi-faceted character- and story-based choreography; work with ten-year-olds; immerse myself in strange, dark, brilliant theatrical settings; and mingle with people who LIKE doing all of this stuff and would probably be quite content doing it for the rest of thier lives.

Why in God's name did I sign up for this?

Oh.

Oh, right.

That's why.

; )

No comments: