Tuesday, March 18, 2008

FRANKENSTEIN!!! Love and carpool.

Cari, your post made me tear up!!

I wrote this in a comment to the last blog, but I don't know if it will show up because the blog was giving me grief. Anyways, I woke up from a nap today around 7pm and freaked out because I thought the carpool left me (again). I scrambled for about 30 seconds before laughing and getting a little sad.

This project was so much fun, and so rewarding. I feel honored to have shared a stage and a carpool with such talented people. It all started on that one ride to Brigadoon a short two weeks ago...haha.

Looking back, I'm amazed and proud at everything we created and acheived in this short two weeks! It was quite a journey. From the edge of the earth to the alley where I deposited all my important things (my puzzle, oatmeal, bread, and shoes) to the place for YO!, we made it. And we had a blast getting there.

I feel really special to have performed with and spent time with such talented and wonderfully entertaining people. You guys reminded me why I do this.

I also am looking forward to carpool reunions. Omlette parlor this weekend?!? We can meet at Liesel's!!!

In addition to the carpool, the show itself was a unique experience. It was...bizarre. And fantastic! It was great to get the experience of working with real professionals, not to mention the sheer coolness of being on a first name basis with Michael York. At first it was a struggle to get all the elements of such an exciting and complex show in balance...but once we figured it out, (I believe the turning point was lunch at Burger King...) we were unstoppable.

Thanks everyone. I'm honored to have had another amazing experience with the rogue artists and hope to work with you all in the future. Thanks for reminding me why I do what I do.

2 comments:

Cari Turley said...

Awwwwww! I can't believe you were late for the carpool again. Haha. We totally would have ditched you if there had actually been a carpool. :)

Haha, I forgot about the alley where you left all your stuff. You should really go back there and pick some of it up...someone's going to steal it!

I'd love to go this weekend, but I'm out of town for a wedding. Next weekend?

Jenny said...

Oh yeah I forgot about that wedding thing. Ok yes, next weekend.

Oh man i dunno if I can wait that long!!!