Sunday, December 6, 2009

Frog Belly in Fontana - Part 3

As I was loading gear into the space, a local resident asked me how much it cost to attend the show. I didn't have an answer for her and asked one of the friendly auditorium staff for an answer. I then came back and was happy to tell her that the show was free. The city of Fontana paid for us to perform as a public service to the community. And it was clear that the community appreciated the gesture very much. Knowing this, I had a warm and fuzzy feeling all day. Also, they had a Christmas tree in the house!

The staff at the Steelworkers' Auditorium were extremely helpful and friendly.


Thanks, guys! George (left) and Mike (right) got right to work running our cable and making sure that our cast was comfortable and hydrated. Speaking of…


Here are our adventurers prepping for their performance (from left to right: Miles, Tyler, Amy, and Julia). It takes a lot of Monster to fire up the Frog Belly machine. And fire it up, we did! My favorite moment of the show was seeing Amy first bring the Boy onstage in all his striped glory and hearing a parent in the audience gasp audibly, "Oh, wow…" Priceless. One spirited show later, the cast filed out into the house to meet and greet the children of Fontana. I ran out into the lobby to sell some books while my man George snapped these beauties:






Autographs, no less! Tyler later told me that he felt like Paris Hilton, but twice as beautiful. He didn't really tell me that.



There you have it. Big thanks again to the city of Fontana and the helpful staff at the Steelworkers' Auditorium. The Frog Belly crew will be back in January at Oak Mesa School in La Verne. Maybe we'll see you then!

No comments: